Elizabeth Lee Schilken
Ms. Schilken has litigated a variety of intellectual property disputes, including claims of breach of implied-in-fact contract (idea submission), copyright infringement and trademark infringement. She also has experience with matters of unfair competition, breach of confidence, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, unjust enrichment, and interference with contract.Ms. Schilken received her J.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles, where she was named a Distinguished Advocate in the Moot Court Honors Program.
- Defended American Broadcasting Companies against breach of confidence and breach of implied-in-fact contract claims in connection with television program American Inventor.
- Pursued claim in arbitration for breach of motion picture financing agreement for Ambush Entertainment, LLC.
- Defended producers of motion picture The Killer Inside Me in dispute over remake rights to underlying novel.
- Defended Merv Griffin Entertainment, Inc. against breach of implied-in-fact contract claim over television game show Merv Griffin’s Crosswords.
- Defended Hollywood Media Corp. against trademark infringement and dilution claims involving use of domain name.
- Obtained dismissal of copyright infringement and related claims regarding animated motion picture Cars for The Walt Disney Co. and Pixar.
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member